Friday, September 18, 2009

SchizoFrinia

This day started out badly. I've been pushing my ability to not sleep to the limit this week and am running on caffeine alone. Unfortunately, I had a counterparty meeting at nine, and had to pull myself together. I was a little nervous about it since I didn't think I was going to astound them with my coherence and capability, but then I saw this and decided it would all be alright.



I love Hackers and so thought this was excellent. It was randomly on the back of a street sign outside a (soon to be "inspired by") Starbucks in the City.

The meeting actually went really well, though I think I'll be busy on the back of it. I had a little bit of a bounce in my step on the way back to the office, where I found this on my desk:


If you know me, you'll know that I am obsessed by stationery and so that little blue box (Tiffany's? Pah!) almost gave me palpitations. Here's what was in it (no messy desk comments please!)



It was a birthday gift from two of my favourite colleagues, and I can't wait to fill it out!



Then at lunch, the day just turned to crap. I offered this piece of feedback to a noodle chain I've always thought was overated:
Please don't feel it necessary to respond to this, but I thought I'd outline the experience I've had today.

I called to order take out at 11. I was told the restaurant was not opened yet, so please call at 1130.

I called at 1130. Part of my order included Chilli Beef Ramen, to be substituted to Soba. I was told there was no beef that day. At all.

I arrived to collect my order at 12 as agreed. There was a four man deep queue all being ignored by the manager, who was trying to fix the till. We waited for 15 minutes before eventually being assisted by any of the 5 staff in the area.

When I returned to the office, I discovered that the noodles were a congealed mass about the consistency of polenta. Soba doesn't ever achieve that, so the order was clearly wrong. Beyond that though, it was exceptionally sub standard. If the issue was that the incorrect noodle, which I think must have been ramen, was left to stew in the hot soup and so turned into glue, the solution would be to have the noodles served on the side for take out.

Here is my memory, which I will be sharing with my office.


They called me and offered me vouchers. I declined. They insisted.


Then, all of a sudden, the day took a bounce. The completion date for our new pad moved forward. We'll be homeowners in October, yay!

No comments: