Monday, November 16, 2009

Smug Marrieds

I'm a firm believer that no one ever understands another persons relationships, but thought I'd give some insight into the side of the Hubs and I that not everyone sees.

[when helping AGL move this weekend, based on an absolute determination to do the move in two trips, and while trying to squeeze an extra box into an already full car]
SF: I feel like a jellybean in a jar, how many do you think there are?
Hubs: This is like reverse childbirth.

***

[while watching X Factor, the only reality show worth watching. Shakira is one of the guest stars this week, and we both agree that she is hot as fuck (no other way to put it)]

SF: I think she's a smart kind of hot, though you can't tell that from her latest video. Have you seen it?
Hubs: No. Does it have animal shapes in clouds?
SF: Well, there is an animal reference...
*I cue it up and we watch it*
*I watch his jaw drop*
SF: You alright, hubs?
Hubs: She could be a stripper with that talent.
SF: I'm sure that's what Shakira aspires to.

***

[Having watched the first X Factor results that we agreed with, on hearing the announcement that Mariah Carey is on next weekend]
SF: You know we're not here next weekend
Hubs: Can we watch it the second we're back? Mimimimimimimimimimi...
SF: OK but OH MY GOD never teach that method to our kids.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I really don't mean this to come off as being deliberately obtuse, but I don't get it. All these excerpts seem like really normal banter to me so I'm not sure what insight into your relationship they offer, unless there are some people out there that (inexplicably) think you are prudes??!!

Who's your favourite in X-Factor? I haven't quite decided (not strongly drawn to anyone in particular) but I do find myself shouting YAY JOE!!! quite often.

JamTam said...

I think that's cos you have Alec.

I'm struggling for a favourite. I think that I ought to favour Olly Murs purely because he appeared to be endowed with Dirk Diggler esque talents (ref the Big Band round), but he's pretty uncharismatic. I like Joe the best as a singer, I think. I suspect there is a Jade Goody sized gap in the market and that Stacey is lined up to fill it...

How annoying is Cheryl Cole though - STOP PICKING SONGS FOR THEM! She's sabotaging them!