Monday, February 08, 2010

Feel Good Sundays

**Spoiler Alert**

I was thinking today about some of my favourite feelgood moments from films, and here are just a handful:
- the gas station scene from Reality Bites;
- the Heath Ledger serenade in 10 Things I Hate About You
- the Crash & Burn scene in Hackers
- the pageant scene in Little Miss Sunshine
- the end of Before Sunset
- Sex and the City, Miranda and Steve getting back together
- Love Actually's confession *
- NO ONE puts baby in a corner
- Howl's Moving Castle. All of it.
- Pretty Woman going shopping with Rich Man
- Before Sunrise's chemistry vs cultural and linguistic barriers

From tonight, I am LOVING the Love the 80s ad on Film4.

* as a side note I found out this weekend that someone I knew had declared his love to a girl by holding up signs along the route of her bus journey day after day. On days he couldn't make it, presumably those when stalker school were in session, he left signs on the windscreens of cars parked along the way.

No comments: