Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Space/Time Continuum

A local quirk we've noticed is the warping of the space/time continuum.

When we moved into our apartment, we were told that it would take two weeks to get the residents card made up. This has now been postponed to a whopping two months. We were told that the broken boiler would take up to five days to fix. The latest estimate is a month. The furniture we bought was to be delivered at the end of July, which is apparently the same as August. The furniture order was to take ten weeks, not thirteen. Most recently, I dropped my watch off for repairs. I was asked if I wanted to wait twenty minutes for the quote. I guess it's a good thing that I didn't since it's going to take fourteen days.

Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to move here for a year.

No comments: