Saturday, June 13, 2009

Korean BBQ. London vs Singapore

Last night we went to celebrate Wallis' birthday at Koba, my favourite Korean BBQ in London. Amongst my favourite dishes are the glass noodles, kalbi, lettuce side and the claypot rice. The food is all excellent quality, and there is a lot of range. It's a posh Asian kid restaurant. It's set up Western style, with waiters taking your order and doing the cooking.

That's the problem for me though. I like it how it's done in Singapore, where you go up to a buffet bar and there's unlimited king prawns, beef, chicken, pork, tofu, soup, vegetable, etc. The quality is good and you get to cook it the way you like it.

In London it cost about £40, maybe £30 without drinks. In Singapore it's $21, equivalent to £9 at today's rate. That's what bugs me about London. Still, Koba offers a fun night out at what is a good price for Central London. The service is touch and go, mainly because of the language. I do love it though and keep going back, so you should go too!

No comments: