Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Day Has Come

... after all the ups and downs and confusion, the Hubs and I are finally home owners. Kick ASS. We get the keys today but the house isn't going to be the mega pad we hope for until next Spring, boo. Still... it's the most exciting thing to happen to us since our wedding.

What has been reassuring is that there's suddenly a whole bunch of stuff going on in the hood. Case to point:
The Chiswick Book Festival. I managed to miss Anthony Horowitz, Michelle Paver and Sir Ian McKellen, the Book Quiz and Sam Delaney, but I did manage to go to the comedy;

Outsider Tart opened and my waistline changed forever. Again;

I had an ace meal at La Trompette;

There's a great stand up show soon, which I can't make, boo;

Though I wll make Sherlock Holmes... the last act.

Slightly further afield is the comedy in Richmond this weekend. The Hubs and I are going to see Simon Amstell after dinner at Chez Lindsey. Can't wait!

1 comment:

An American Girl in London said...

WHOO HOOO!!!! CONGRATS GUYS!!! Can't wait to see it!!