Monday, February 01, 2010

Bedroom VJ

For those of you who I speak to regularly, it'll come as no surprise that I'm obsessed with Glee*. By obsessed I mean that I happily spent an entire today in my dressing gown watching my favourite sequences**. The script is excellent and it's just so well put together. The thing I don't understand is why Sam Tsui and Kurt Schneider aren't a part of it. Do I hear you say, who? Well, I first discovered the Sam/Kurt power when I saw the Michael Jackson medley. It is amazing. Since then, they've also done a Lady Gaga medley, which doesn't feature all the video editing and the like, but is a great cut nonetheless.

Once I'd OD'd on Glee, I thought I'd check out their channel to see whether they'd posted any other versions and found they'd been recording a mini-series called College Musical. It's great (if obviously DIY) and really funny. I particularly liked the "Man-child Syndrome" in
Episode 4. It's sung by Allison, who was also did the cover of Tik Tok. She has a great voice. I really hope they all get involved in Glee.

* That picture makes Jenna Ushkowitz look like she's about to puke. Not my pic for a PR shot
** Couldn't get a link for the Acafella's I Wanna Sex You Up cover. Seminal. Also couldn't get the Finn/Rachel auditorium scene, damn Fox.

4 comments:

An American Girl in London said...

i can't wait for the episodes featuring kristin chenoweth and idina menzel!!

JamTam said...

The Kristin Chenoweth role has gotten permanent, I think. Did you watch the Manchild Syndrome thing? Think you may like it.

Michelle said...

Just watched my first Glee episode last night, the one with the Acafellas' I Wanna Sex You Up! After that I went on Youtube to watch clips from the few episodes before that which I'd already missed, and Push It just totally SEALED MY LOVE.

JamTam said...

I heart Warm Heart of Africa too, btw. Picked it up at a random gig and have been loving it since. I am so obsessed with Glee, and slightly more embarassingly (is that a word?) am now starting to slide down the slope that is Vampire Diaries.