Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Hubs is Away, So I Will

... Work longer hours, apparently. This is the ultimate downside to dieting. Not going out means more time at desk. It's not the work that makes this an unbearable situation, that's ultimately by the by. The true desperation is in the commute home. When I leave my office ordinarily, it's about eight or nine in the evening. The city streets are peaceful and typically sparsely populated. The tube is typically less horrific than it is between 8-10 or 4-7 (this is mostly conjecture, but has been surported by the journeys I've taken at these times).

Last night, I walked out of the office into the rain, only to bump into some of the Assistants and Sales Traders on their way back to the office for their flat shoes or bags, having spent the evening at drinks or the gym. The streets were teaming with arrogants, and one in every three storefronts had a girl sat in its doorway, all akimbo. I tried to get a couple to move, even if only onto a dry surface, but tiredness, irritation and a general lack of grace prevented me trying too hard. I thought I'd pick up some food from Marks, only to discover that healthy food at ten is limited to dinners for two or bottles of red wine (a healthy heart is all a girl needs, I say). As I made my way to the tube, I realised that everyone around me was angry, drunk or eating junk food. Well, apart from the aged and alone or the mentally ill, who I always seem to see at Liverpool Street bus station. No wonder people are angry and judgemental.



On the upside, I just got asked for my number by a hottie in dsquared. What was I talking about? This is a great place!

No comments: